Saturday 27 April 2013

Odd Occurences



I think things have gone on to the point where I can no longer pretend everything is fine. First, the people around me started to ignore me. They must have known I was there on some level, since food was still brought etc, but they wouldn’t respond to anything I said. Even when I grabbed a nurse’s arm, she just stood there until I let go and then walked away. Then, they started to disappear. Less and less traffic, inside the room and out, until at one point I pulled the curtains away to find my neighbours were likewise gone, with the bedding neatly folded. Well, I suppose they could have left while I was asleep.

Unlikely.

Then it started getting colder. Not much, but notably. The temperature changed from ‘autumn’ to ‘winter’, and the sunlight dulled a little. Again, someone could have forgot to turn the heaters on.

Unlikely. I was starting to feel like I was radioactive and people were discreetly evacuating so as not to hurt my feelings and would eventually build a sarcophagus over my head. I could no longer hear the rushing of cars outside, or anything outside, for that matter.

Speaking of the sun, as I told Jack, it rose and set in the space of three hours. The night that followed it lasted for one. Fourteen. Twenty. Then down to five again. It did not seem to make any sense at all.

I have a suspicion I’m in a Loop, but I until I can check the spatial warping typical of them, I can’t know for sure. Either way, I’m moderately prepared for whatever’s coming.

Oh, and the voices haven't stopped. At all. If anything, they might be getting louder. It's driving me nuts.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Loop to me. You may be fucked. Unstable Loops are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Any tips for getting out?

      Delete
    2. Loops are tricky. Even I don't know a lot of the time. I guess the best thing to do is to remain calm, close your eyes and focus on concrete things. Not the voices, not the cold, not the light, but the bed and the feeling of sitting on something and gravity, and your breathing, and how the hospital room would look if you weren't in a loop. You're gonna have to think yourself out.

      Delete
  3. Isolation and cold temperatures? Are you... hearing children whispering at you I wonder?

    Have you ever heard of the Cold Boy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to calm down, telling yourself that you're going nuts isn't going to help the situation at all. Calm down, block out the voices and remind yourself, why you are still trying to survive, that reminder should pull you trough.

    As for the whispers and cold temperature, I'm afraid Fracture may be right, are you in any moving condition?

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably manage a hobble. No sort of outrunning speed, though.

      Delete
    2. Good enough, I suggest you start moving, otherwise, that place will eat you up, you need to find someplace warm and fast.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete
    3. On it, sir. Don't need telling twice!

      Delete
    4. Good luck.

      - Mr. Incognito.

      Delete