Saturday 13 April 2013

Dead Man Typing



If you’re reading this, I am dead.

…Wow, that feels weird to type. Sobering. I may be a little drunk right now. Maybe if I drink enough, I won’t remember my posts and I can have conversations with myself!
No wait, bad idea. Just ine or two then.
Whisky is soooo gooood, I can’t believe I’ve never tried it bepore.
Oh, right, right, onto the important stuff. Hooray!

I am dead. Most likely due to my own hubris and stupidity. I mean, what were you thinking, future me? Trying to cage an eldritch abomination never ends well. Ever. This isn’t a catch and release program. He not a bloody crocodile. And now you will be dead as through yet unhappened means. Hope it wasn’t painful.

I wish I could say something heartfely about you all but I only really have been reading blogs for fiveish monthz. Is that enough for teary goodbyes? Will anyone miss me? Well, my cousin will, there’s him. And my parents. That’s enough. Basically my feeling towards you all are this: some of you are awesome. Keep being awesome. An internet high five for you all.  Some of you are entertaining as hell. Keep being entertaining. Laughing keeps us sane. Except for mad laughter. Kind of a warning sign, that.
Where am I going with this… Oh right. Carter, looks like you win. You’ll get my notes in about a month, I left a slightly longer deadlinge, ha, on that one just in case. Hoep you and that girl turn out all right. Doc Annalee and Daniel, you’ll get them too. You two are firmly in the ‘awesome’ category, in my book.

Onto the plan that will have had happend. Here’s a shitty drawing of the setup:


The machine, for redundancy, runs on both the mains and a gas powered generator, which will be started before the experiment begins since video evidence shows possible aability to inhibit ignition or combustion in cars. It also has a couple of car batteries that hopefully would give enough time to get away should the cables be cut. It will take place in an area deep in the CBD, away from possible crouds and where any more property damage is no bid deal. I have already scouted out the times and places the constructions crews and the security are and timed and placed the equipment accordingly. Fist time doing something illegal I think. It’s a bit of a thrill, isn’t it.

Oh stop looking at me like that all yo upepple who were snapping proxy necks in your first month let me have this oh wait I’m dead  Ino longer have to care. wow that’s liberating.

Security cameras everyhwer in the area I have gone all ou t for this one. Leaving aside early dection of That Guy, it’d be nice to know when security’s going to bust me for tressapassing in a hazardous work environment. They’d be stern at me. I don’t do well with stern.

Oh wait, dead. Keep forgetting. This whisky is really doong the trick. Amazing stuff, have I mentioned? Should do this more often.

 … can’t! Damn!

The machine is activated by a controller attached to a lead. Also have backup remote control app I got crazy clever smart guy at uni to wtire for me for an entire kegger thanks make except because e if you’re reading this you’re involved run.
There’s no control s on the machine as I don’t want it to be deactivated by someone or thing near it.
Now that we’ve got the basic setup explained, the machine itslef. I wrote this beforehand sdo coepypasta awaaaaay!

The reaction of Slenderman to electricity and electromagnetic fields has been documented in blogs before. But what is perhaps of the most interest to me is that of the PTC which had a science team analyze a sample taken from Slenderman to find metallic particulates within. While it may be a possible explanation for it, even if he has no great weakness to electricity what I have in mind stands a good chance of working… if this analysis was factual, and I have no reason to assume it isn’t that doesn’t automatically discount everything I’ve ever read. In either case, I will have proven or disproven it.

I am making an eddy current generator. These things have a lot of uses; heating, sorting metals and magnetically levitating trains above rails, but in essence they induce magnetism in non ferromagnetic conducting materials, either attracting or repulsing them. I have made mine capable of both with a radial area of effect, and have programmed the Picaxe to alternate between them at the frequency of AC current, just for kicks. Should this work it should act as a sort of ‘trap’ by keeping the metal particulates moving in a set area. Should it not, I can simply set the machine to ‘repulse’ and leg it out of there.

So yeah don’t wish me lluck because I already will have ran out of it. Just… do things I guess. Add. Greatests trait bout we praise ants for their hive mine but seriously what do you thk mobs are/ Like crowa maybe oh god look at me getting philosophical tiem for me to quit while im ahead methinks.

Goodbye.

25 comments:

  1. Oh Med...I'll miss you.

    As great scientists have said and as all children know, it is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception, and compassion, and hope.

    We'll keep fighting. And someday...

    We will WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never went proxy or made any ill deals. You died as what you were born, you died trying to help us, and I have no way of measuring how much I respect you for that.

    I'm in Liverpool right now, in England. Their football team has the best anthem, and it goes like this, and it's for everyone:

    "You'll Never Walk Alone"

    When you walk through the storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark
    At the end of the storm is a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of the lark

    Walk on, through the wind
    Walk on, through the rain
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk, you'll never walk alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Died as she was born? Shitting herself and crying while in extreme pain and confusion while something infinitely more powerful than herself holds her up by her feet and slaps her ass?

      That's a powerful sentiment. But not one I could respect.

      Delete
  3. How can we possibly take this seriously? You got drunk off your ass, just before the big experiment and now you are writing some bull.

    Don't want to get philosophical? You already did, by posting this post, alcohol does that to you, it makes you want to talk about close personal things, you hide deep within you, makes you talk about something you would never talk about with other people. Your case? It's the thought of being dead.

    If your body, or no posts turn up in about 2 weeks, then you are dead, other than that, I am waiting for results.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commend your accurate and hardfired cynicism of years, sir.

      Delete
  4. It doesn't feel like a 'win.' Another death to chalk up for tonight's post, I guess. What a week it's been. Bad news everywhere. Goodbye, Med.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game's still playing. Hold off on that post.

      Delete
  5. Well, on the bright side, I can just copy/paste my comment when Med really, truely DIES.

    Thanks for the scare, Med. I REALLY NEEDED THAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up, Cat.

      That is my new name for you. You will henceforth be known as "Cat".

      Delete
    2. Hence forth you shall be Steve.

      That is my new name for you.

      Delete
    3. Actually Cat, my nickname is Shikera. Sorry, you got it wrong.

      Delete
    4. Sorry, Gabrielle.

      That's the problem with drinking so much you forget things. You forget things.

      Delete
    5. ....http://realitybeatsfear.blogspot.com/2013/04/alright-everyone-listen-up.html

      Delete
    6. I think I just accidentally just proved my point. Sorry, Rose. ^^;

      Delete
    7. Shut up. Don't make me attack you in your dreams, Cat.

      Ooh! I can call you Nyan Cat! You could be a cat with a pop-tart body!

      Delete
    8. I can call you Steve from Accounting.

      Delete
    9. Go ahead. I wish I was as good at math as Steve from Accounting. Calling me that would be a compliment.

      Tell me, Nyan Cat, how can being compared to a pop-tart cat be a compliment?

      Delete
    10. Apparently I'm delicious, colorful, lovable, and an unstoppable internet sensation. I think I got the better deal steve.

      Delete
    11. Yes, you're apparently delicious. That means people will try to eat you.

      Therefore, you will most likely die.

      Which means that we won't have to deal with you anymore.

      Delete
    12. I'll let you eat me if you promise to bite me just right. ^-^

      Delete
    13. This conversation is going nowhere. Why don't I just pull a Morningstar and toast you to death?

      Delete
    14. I'll let you toast me if you promise to bite me just right. ^-^

      Delete
    15. Forget that. I'm just going to toss you into the nearest trashcan.

      Because this conversation has gone stale.

      Delete