Thursday 2 May 2013

Getting Better

Well, as you may have noticed from my comments on other blogs, I am marginally lucid at the very least. I went a little mad there for a while, and thanks for your support in helping me get out of it. Except for that prick who bet money on me. Is that you, Smugface? You can go die in a fire.

So, I've mostly managed to stitch myself together, metaphorically speaking. Managing to ignore the voices pretty well. Things are still a little fragile in here, but this is not the time or place for a navel gazing mental reconstruction project so I'll leave it at that. As a side effect of my little rampage, everything even resembling a speaker has been thoroughly axed, and I now know why my future self had tattered ears; I'd done my best to rip them off. Good thing I mostly failed. Oddly enough, the roof did give better reception!

The basement was... odd. It was dark, and not the 'lights have gone out' dark present everywhere else in the hospital. The torchlight refused to pierce it, almost like it was something solid, but I could put my hand straight through and touch the walls on the other side. I backed away and shut the door. Going in will have to wait until I can find some form of rope.

I'm currently in the ER room. Unsmashed vending machines are starting to get scarce, and I've been eating a lot of food to keep warm. The taps are frozen, so I can't get water that way; I've been drinking energy drinks pretty much non stop, and those are running out too. Before you ask, already got all the stuff in the cafeteria. So I'm stocking up on unmedicated intravenous bags. They don't taste of much; sugary, salty water; but they are just a little bit in case my food and water supplies run out for good. They take longer to freeze than ordinary water, so I don't have to heat them up as much to use them.

Speaking of dwindling supplies and heat, I have been scouring the place for burnable objects. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding any I haven't already burnt. On the other hand I am pretty sure I'm starting to reach Blanket Critical Mass. Still don't want to have to burn those if I can help it.

27 comments:

  1. Good, thought I might have to find a way in there and do the good 'ole 'slap the hysteric person until they better' On a serious note, be careful. You will need to ration your food and water (if you haven't already)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT GO INTO THE BASEMENT.

    I don't know if it is for sure, but that sounds like and entrance to the Dark. Darkness' realm. Weird thing is that only Shadows or Darkness herself can make those.... Watch out for her, she's tricky, conniving, and NEVER let her touch you. She actually killed me for about five seconds with that, and I STILL get cold easily.

    Be careful.


    -Spyre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooookay, basement on the 'Don't go into under any circumstances' list, check.

      Delete
    2. If its Dark in the basement to scare you off, oh feral sage, you have to wonder what they're trying to keep from you down there.

      Delete
    3. Dammit, Fracture! Don't do that!

      Not going to go in, not going to go in...

      Delete
  3. I'd recommend trying to find batteries as well, in case your flashlight goes dead. You don't want to be caught in the dark after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, I'll be on the lookout for them.

      Delete
  4. I can always help you, just have to give in...to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's not ominous at all. Why would I give in?

      Delete
    2. Because I am Nameless, Become on of my names and I can save you.

      Delete
    3. Or at least do me a favor.

      Delete
    4. Two questions: save me from what, and what favor? Note that nowhere in that sentence is tacit agreement.

      Delete
    5. Keep your mind together, you can no longer go insane, or bring you bad to the real world who knows, The favor is whatever I can think of that I need

      Delete
    6. Hmmm... I'm sorry to say no deal. But thanks for the offer.

      Delete
    7. Don't do it. This creep is...God, he's WORSE than the SLENDER MAN.

      -Rose

      Delete
  5. Am I the only one who actually read the last post?

    hateful
    vindictive
    possessive
    a liar
    uncaring
    dangerous
    manipulative
    vicious
    theif
    murderer
    promise breaker

    So may not have been in her right mind, but the mind can only work with what it has.

    A lot those have violent and negative implications.

    Others imply there's a lot you're keeping from us that you think you shouldn't be.

    And possessive promise breaker. That sounds like a fun little story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has things they'd rather the world not know. Everyone has things they'd rather not think about. Can you blame me?

      Delete
    2. You speak the truth, Frankenstein. All of us have our dirty little secrets, dirty little moments we hide. Me, you, Fracture, all of us have our skeletons, and that is nothing new.

      Yet, there's a difference, between those who keep their secrets to them, and those who let their secrets slowly consume them.

      Which one are you?

      Delete
    3. I suppose I can't but I'll its in the open, is there anything you would like to tell us?

      Delete
    4. Hang in there, med. Don't let them get to you, they just want to tear you down and make it harder for you. We've all done bad stuff, and that doesn't matter right now. What matters is getting out of this alive.

      Delete
    5. And what if that secret is the reason she's in this trap in the first place, hmmm? What if its a sort of Punishment for her? What if those secrets are really horrid? What if she does not deserve to get out of this alive?

      A lot of secrets, attract a lot of hungry dogs, last time I checked.

      Delete
    6. Shirley, EVERYONE deserves a second chance. Even YOU.

      And I can't believe I just said that.

      -Rose

      Delete
    7. I'm already using my 2nd chance to do what I do today. I was already punished, in fact I could have died, I was granted a second chance, and to this very day, I keep doing the horrible things I did before my punishment.

      Now tell me, did I deserve that second chance?

      Same thing can be happening here, how can we know, that when she gets out, she doesn't start killing people hm?

      Delete
    8. If she starts killing people, she'll probably start with YOU.

      Do you remember what happened the last time some proxies attacked her?

      As for the second chance...well, some people are just plain evil. You fit into that category. But that category isn't right for everyone.

      -Rose

      Delete
    9. Everyone please, please just drop it. I just got out of a bout of tearing myself to shreds, I'm tired and I don't want to go back in so soon.

      While predicting future actions is difficult, I certainly don't want to kill anyone at the moment. I don't think this Loop is a punishment.

      And just for you, Fracture, one secret: I lied to Sprye about my eyes.

      Delete